Fitbit reinvents their trademark bands and transforms them into the Fitbit Charge 2 and the Fitbit Flex 2. Also Fitbit introduces the new Fitbit Adventures, fun, interactive ways to up the user’s activity and exercise goals.
The Fitbit Charge 2 is a great upgrade from the original wristband that became Fitbit’s most popular item. In addition to PurePulse heart rate tracking, it also touts an enhanced exercise experience using new health and fitness tools. This is complemented by smart notifications and a new design with a larger display and interchangeable bands. It’s the perfect wristband when going from the gym to the party, without the hassle of taking off the Charge 2. Some of its other key features include multi-sport modes, interval workout mode, connected GPS, and all-day tracking.
Fitbit Charge 2
On the other hand, Fitbit’s Flex 2 is an ultra-slim swim-proof fitness wristband has a removable tracker that fits into any kind of band, bangle or pendant. The minimalist design is perfect for people looking for a device that can be personalized in such a way. The most notable feature for the Flex 2 is the SmartTrack automatic exercise tracking which can recognize certain staple exercises, and even enter a mode where it reminds you to take these exercises. Users can now effortlessly track their activities all-day, as well as sleep and exercise, without wearing a bulky fitness band.
Finally, the Fitbit Adventures are a series of personal, non-competitive activity challenges made to inspire Fitbit users to hit and go beyond their goals. The Fitbit Adventures include:
- Trails: Every trail is either single or multi-day, with a distance that reflects distances in real life.
- Daily Destinations: While using Trails, Daily Destinations will encourage you to take time to reach a new destination. Fitbit will then track it and place the measured distance into the Fitbit data. Once the destination has been reached, the Fitbit will increase the next day’s distance to make users more active.
- Landmarks: Landmarks are locations along each trail that are unlocked by progressing towards the destination. Once a Landmark has been reached, pictures can be viewed of images taken from the exact same spot.
- Treasures: Uncover and collect hidden Treasures along each trail, mainly through fun facts about your Adventure, health and fitness tips, and mini challenges.
Fitbit Flex 2 Pendant
Fitbit Flex 2 will accomodate premium designs for the Flex 2, dubbed the Designer Collections for Flex 2:
- PUBLIC SCHOOL: Mix the urban and the active through this collection. These high-end bracelets and sports bands feature contemporary styles with an edge. The PUBLIC SCHOOL Flex 2 designs will be available in 2017.
- Tory Burch: Nothing beats the classic, bold style of Tory Burch’s signature open fretwork, stainless steel detailing and smooth leather straps. This collection transforms the tracker into an exercise-oriented piece of fine jewelry. Availability coming 2017
Fitbit Flex 2 Bangle
Fitbit Charge 2 and Flex 2 Pricing and Availability
- Fitbit Charge 2 (PHP 8,499) tracker with a classic fitness band in black, blue, plum or teal
- Classic fitness accessory bands in four colors, sold separately (PHP 1,399)
- Luxe premium leather accessory bands in blush pink, brown and indigo (PHP 3,299)
- Special edition series in gunmetal and rose gold coming soon (PHP 8,699)
- Fitbit Flex 2 (PHP 5,499) tracker with a classic fitness band in black, lavender, magenta or navy
- Classic 3-pack fitness accessory band hues in Pink (blush pink, lavender and magenta) and Sport (gray, navy and yellow) coming soon (PHP 1,399)
- Bangle accessory in gold, rose gold (PHP 4,699), and silver stainless steel (PHP 4,299)
- Pendant accessory in gold (PHP 4,699) and silver stainless steel (PHP 3,799)
Thanks to Bryan of Technobaboy for the photos.