Look at what we have here? It’s the last MeeGo device by Nokia, the N9, which was announced a few months back. It comes in Cyan, Pink and Black which is our review unit.
The Nokia N9 comes in a nice-looking box which is typical of Nokia. I like it. Inside you will find the phone and some accessories including a rubber case so you won’t have to bother buying one. How nice of Nokia.
Also included is a USB-microUSB cable, a USB power adapter with British plugs (or is it Singaporean), and also the usual Nokia hands-free earphones. Oh there’s the quick guide manual as well.
Here are a few shots of the Nokia N9 as a teaser.
I’ve used the Nokia 9 a couple months back and it’s a really easy phone to operate. Really simple navigation and the swipe is very responsive. Haptic feedback when typing is kinda different but I like it. The Nokia ClearBlack display looks very, very nice on this phone putting my HTC Sensation to shame. I also tried shooting with the camera and indeed it has a fast, autofocus lens.
I’m enjoying it so far but I don’t want to preempt things. We’ll be reviewing this in the next few days and we’ll keep you updated with our final verdict. I couldn’t get actual local pricing and availability from Nokia PR but based on discussion during the Nokia 700 and 701 launch,
it will arrive this month. We were informed that it will be available by the 3rd week of November.
Nokia N9 Specs:
- Pentaband WCDMA 850, 900, 1900, 1700, 2100, Quad band GSM/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900
- HSDPA 14.4Mbps, HSUPA: 5.76Mbps
- ARM Cortex-A8 OMAP3630 1 Ghz, PowerVR SGX530
- 3.9″ WVGA (854Ã—480) AMOLED display with curved Gorilla glass, no air gap, anti-glare polarizer
- MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan OS
- 1GB RAM, 16GB/64GB storage
- 8Mpix (f2.2) auto-focus Carl Zeiss, wide-angle lens, 2x LED flash
- Video capturing MPEG-4 SP 720p @ 30fps
- 2nd camera for video calls
- Bluetooth 2.1, GPS, A-GPS, WLAN 802.11abgn, NFC, 3.5mm AV connector, micro USB connector, USB charging
- Colors: black, magenta, cyan
- Weight: 135g
- Battery: 1450mAh