Good news Galaxy S owners! The Android 2.2 aka Froyo update (build I9000 JPM) rollout has already started. European markets are first but it will reach Southeast Asia really soon. They’re doing it gradually because it’s not that easy to update 5 million units right?
So how do you update? It’s not going to be over-the-air like other phones but instead, it is done through Samsung Kies which you need to install on your machine.
And here’s what Android Froyo would bring to Galaxy S owners?
The Android 2.2 upgrade offers voice-controlled GPS through Google MapsTM with Navigation, faster performance by JIT(Just in Time) compiler. Additionally, further functionalities including Search in-browser, Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1, improved customization options will be provided with OS upgrade.
– Google MapsTM with Navigation: GPS navigation system with voice guidance
– Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1: Allow the web browser to make full use of the whole web
– Setup Wizard: Quickly customize the GALAXY S and access networks with ease
– Home Screen/Menu Preview and Edit : Preview by pinch-zoom
– Search in-Browser : Googleâ„¢, Translate, Wikipedia, Dictionary
Sony Ericsson now really needs to catch up to get back in the game.