The Galaxy Fold is back at it again, this time with better protection and modifications. To recall, Samsung went through a PR nightmare days after it launched the unit earlier this year as reports confirmed its screen breaking, flickering, or bulging after a day of use.
Samsung’s official statement assured of improvements and scrupulous modifications made to the unit. This time, the brand’s quite confident about it since the Galaxy Fold will relaunch and will be made available in authorized stores starting September. Expect the following patches incorporated to the unit as per Samsung:
- The top protective layer of the Infinity Flex Display has been extended beyond the bezel, making it apparent that it is an integral part of the display structure and not meant to be removed.
- Galaxy Fold features additional reinforcements to better protect the device from external particles while maintaining its signature foldable experience.
- The top and bottom of the hinge area have been strengthened with newly added protection caps.
- Additional metal layers underneath the Infinity Flex Display have been included to reinforce the protection of the display.
- The space between the hinge and body of Galaxy Fold has been reduced.
Set to withstand more than 200,000 folds and unfolds, the units that will be relaunched this time are warranted to deliver superb user experience as Samsung optimized more apps and services for the benefit of consumers. With all the improvements, the Galaxy Fold concept and specs remain unchanged. It still features the multi-active 7.3-inch (unfolded) and 4.6-inch (folded) HD+ Super AMOLED display, six cameras (Cover: 10MP Selfie, F2.2 | Rear: 16MP Ultra Wide + 12MP Wide-Angle + 12MP Telephoto | Front: 10MP Selfie + 8MP RGB Depth), 4,380mAh battery life, and 12GB RAM with up to 512GB storage.
The Samsung Galaxy Fold retails for $1, 980 and comes in Space Silver, Cosmos Black, Martian Green, and Astro Blue colors.