RIM finally brings their latest App World out of beta recently giving BlackBerry smartphone users a refreshing look of the storefront along with some nifty features. You may want to check out the new App World now if you’re a BlackBerry user.
New features include:
- Sleek New Design – The BlackBerry App World experience has been enhanced to help users discover the latest and greatest apps and content, starting right on the BlackBerry App World home screen where rotating spotlight banners show off all that’s new and exciting.
- New Channels – Apps, Games, and Themes now have their own channels so users can get to what they want even faster.
- Introduction of My Account – My Account makes managing BlackBerry ID and payment options easy with direct access to all account information from the home screen.
- New My World Features – My World gives users a streamlined view of their apps and status, and now at a glance, in addition to seeing which apps are installed and uninstalled, users can manage subscription content and services. When new updates or subscription renewals are available for apps, users will be notified using push technology.
- App Social Sharing ““ when a user finds an app they can’t live without, they can share it directly from the app details screen through BBM (BlackBerry Messenger), Facebook, Twitter, email and SMS
- Evolved App Details Screen – At a glance, users can get a quick summary, check out reviews and star ratings, take a look at screen shots, and more
- More Search Options – Quickly find apps with a Search Bar now appearing on the storefront home screen and search results are presented across Channels as well as My World. Search Bars are also within each Channel and users have the ability to filter by App Name, Price, Rating, Newest, Best Match, or Popular
Now all RIM needs to do is put in more quality BlackBerry apps or there’s no point in updating the App World if not a lot of people are using it.
BlackBerry App World is free and works on BlackBerry smartphones running the BlackBerry 5 OS (Device Software) or higher. For more information or to download immediately, please visit http://ph.blackberry.com/AppWorld
If you’ve already seen and used the App World 3.0, tell us what you think about it in the comments below.