For now, remote learning is the new way of life for students and seems like it’s going to be for quite some time. It might take some getting used to, but adjusting to the new academic norm can be a rewarding experience especially if one has the right tech gear.
Modern PCs and laptops are the ideal set-ups for home learning. You need one that has ample processing power, at least 4GB to 8GB of RAM, a storage capacity of up to 128GB with expandable memory, a modern processor, and extended battery power along with a functional speaker, microphone, web camera, and sound card. These features will help you endure long hours of uninterrupted video lectures and seminars while staying on top of your deliverables.
It’s also worth noting to invest in a good software (I.e. Windows OS) and application (I.e. Microsoft 365) that will last for years, you’ll also want all of your resources packed in one device to maximize productivity and learning. Moreover, some intensive courses like 3D modeling, machine learning, and video editing require a laptop with high-end CPU, GPU, RAM, and storage capacity, so choosing a device that caters to these course-specific tasks is also a factor to consider when settling for a device. Just below, we take a look at modern PCs and laptops suitable for home learning.
1. EVOO Convertible Touchscreen Elite Series TEV-EL 2in1-116-2-BK 2-in-1 PC | P16,893
A 2-in1 laptop contender with a dependable performance in terms of security, speed, and stability—multitasking is a breeze with its convertible touchscreen laptop feature.
- Display: 11.6 in Full HD LCD touchscreen (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support
- Processor: Intel Celeron J3355 1.10 GHz
- Memory: 4GB
- Storage: 32GB
- OS: Windows 10 in S Mode
- Ports: 1 USB-C | 2 USB 3.0 | 1 micro HDMI | 1 headphone/microphone combo jack
- Battery: 5000 MAh (up to 5 hours battery life)
- Camera: 2MP webcam
2. HP 14-DK0736MS Laptop | P16, 893
The HP 14 laptop delivers solid performance in terms of streaming, surfing, and getting schoolwork done. It features a convenient touchscreen interface for faster and convenient multitasking. Moreover, its HP Fast Charge technology lets you work continuously without power interruption.
- Display: 14-inch HD touchscreen (1366 x 768)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200U 2.6 GHz up to 3.5 GHz
- Memory: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB
- OS: Windows 10 Home in S Mode
- Ports: 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C | 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type A | 1 HDMI 1.4b | 1 RJ-45 | 1 AC Smart Pin | 1 headphone/microphone combo jack
- Battery: 45 WHr 3-cell Lithium-ion battery
- Camera: HP TrueVision HD Camera with integrated digital microphone
3. Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 | P18,995
It’s Lenovo‘s latest model from its IdeaPad line that’s also budget-friendly for students. The Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 covers basic tasks with its Intel Celeron N4120 chipset, dual-core CPU, 4GB RAM, and up to 1TB HDD storage.
- Display: 14-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U
- Graphics: AMD Radeon™ Graphics
- Memory: 12GB DDR4
- Hard Drive: 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD dual storage
- OS: Windows 10 Pro
- Ports: 2 x USB 3.1 (Gen 1) | USB 2.0 | HDMI 1.4b | SD card reader
- Battery: 8 hours
- Camera: 0.3M
4. Surface Go 2 | P19,361
A 2-in-1 laptop featuring a 10.5-inch touchscreen display lets one manage homeworks, presentations, and creative projects in one go. It’s a portable tablet-to-laptop device with battery life running up to 10 hours to ensure everyday tasks are met.
- Display: 10.5-inch PixelSense Display, 1920 x 1280 (220 PPI) resolution
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core m3 Processor
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 615
- Memory: 4GB or 8GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB
- OS: Windows 10 Home in S mode2
- Ports: 1 x USB-C | 3.5 mm headphone jack | 1 x Surface Connect port | Surface Type Cover Port | MicroSDXC Card Reader Compatible with Surface Dial
- Battery: LTE-advanced up to 10 hours of typical device usage
- Camera: 5.0MP front-facing camera with 1080p Skype HD video | 8.0MP rear-facing auto-focus camera with 1080p HD video
5. ASUS VivoBook 15 | P26,605
The 15.6-inch panel with 1920×1080 resolution delivers good viewing angles. Best in affordability specs-wise, it delivers a solid performance with its 3.9GHz Intel Core i3 processor, 8GB of DDR4 RAM, and up to 128GB of SSD.
- Display: 15.6-inch (39.62 cm) display, 1920 x 1080 px
- Processor: Intel Core i7 8565U Processor
- Graphics: NVIDIA
- Memory: 4GB/8GB
- Storage: 128GB/256GB/512 SSD with 500GB/1TB HDD
- OS: Windows 10 Home
- Ports: 1 x COMBO audio jack | 1 x Type-A USB 3.1 (Gen 1) | 1 x Type-C USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1) | 2 x USB 2.0 port(s) Type A | 1 x HDMI | 1 x micro SD card
- Battery: 2 -Cell 37 W Battery
- Camera: HD Webcam
6. Dell Vostro 3000 3583 Laptop | P26,605
It’s the essential companion to help you power through daily work; primed with Intel 8th Gen processor, 8GB memory, and Windows 10 Pro, this laptop for its price range and premium specs is a steal.
- Display: 15.6 in Full HD LED display (1920 x 1080)
- Processor: Intel Core i3-8145U up to 3.9 GHz or Intel Core i5-8265U up to 3.9 GHz
- Memory: 4GB/8GB
- Storage: 128GB/256GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- OS: Windows 10 Pro
- Ports: 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 | 1 USB 2.0 | 1 HDMI 1.4b | 1 wedge-shaped lock slot |1 RJ-45 | 1 headphone/microphone combo jack
- Battery: 42WHr 3-cell battery
- Camera: Integrated widescreen HD (720p) Webcam with Single Digital Microphone
7. Asus Chromebook Flip C434 | P27,217
Deviating from the usual Windows OS, the Asus Chromebook Flip C434 is one that will hold up well over time with its premium specs and aluminum chassis. It features a 14-inch 1080p touchscreen display, Intel Core m3-8100Y CPU, and Chrome OS which are workable specs for distant learners of any age.
- Display: 14-inch LED-backlit FHD (1920 x 1080) 16:9 standard display
- Processor: Intel Core i7-8500Y processor
- Graphics: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 615
- Memory: 8GB / 4GB 1867MHz LPDDR3 onboard
- Storage: 128GB / 64GB / 32GB eMMC
- OS: Chrome OS
- Ports: 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C (up to 5Gbps) | 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A (up to 5Gbps) | 1 x microSD card slot |1 x Audio combo jack
- Battery: Up to 10 hours battery life, 348Wh 3-cell lithium-polymer battery
- Camera: HD camera
8. ASUS TUF FX505GT-US52 Gaming Laptop | P33,834
This entry-level gaming laptop covers just about every demanding school task. It features extra durable keyboard (with up to 20 million key presses) to keep you on top of content writing and research.
- Display: 15.6-inch 1,920 x 1,080 display
- Processor: Intel Core i5-8300H
- Graphics: 2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050
- Memory: 8GB
- Storage: 1TB
- OS: Window 10 Home (64-bit)
- Battery: 48Whr lithium-ion (up to 4.5 hours battery life)
- Camera: 720p HD webcam
9. Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15-inch 81YK00CGUS Laptop | P38,674
The Lenovo IdeaPad 5 features a robust 12-hour battery and full HD resolution for gaming, working, and streaming content.
- Display: 15.6 in Full HD IPS touchscreen (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support
- Processor: Intel Core i5-1035G1 1.00 GHz up to 3.60 GHz
- Memory: 16GB
- Storage: 512GB
- OS: Windows 10 Home
- Ports: 1 USB-C | 2 USB 3.1 | 1 HDMI | 1 headphone/microphone combo jack
- Battery: 3-cell lithium-ion (up to 12 hours battery life)
- Camera: 720p webcam with privacy shutter
10. Dell Inspiron 5000 | P48,392
It’s a convertible laptop with touchscreen display to cover unlimited multitasking and browsing needs; it’s powered by a 2.5GHz Intel Core i5 processor with 8GB RAM and up to 1TB HDD.
- Display: 15.6-inch HD non-touch screen
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel Core i7
- Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 M265
- Memory: 4GB/GB
- Storage: 512GB/2TB
- OS: Windows 10
- Ports: 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, Combo audio jack, HDMI, SD card reader
- Battery: 4-cell “smart” lithium-ion (40 WHr)
- Camera: 720p Webcam