Samsung has officially launched its latest flagship smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy S6 at the Samsung Unpacked event earlier today together with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge which is basically an S6 with its display wrapped around the edges of the device.
Samsung announced that the Samsung Galaxy S6 features the best of display, the fastest processor and the best cameras for any shooting condition. The Galaxy S6 features Corning Gorilla Glass 4 display and uses metal materials 50% tougher than other smartphones. The Samsung Galaxy S6 also features Samsung Knox for security and Samsung Pay for contactless payment.
Here are 8 things you need to know about the Samsung Galaxy S6:
1) The Samsung Galaxy S6 is the first smartphone to use a 64bit 14nm FinFET processor providing 20% faster performance than the 20nm chip of the Note 4.
2) It uses a DDR4 memory – boosting memory performance by 80%. The Galaxy S6 uses Universal Flash Storage, a new storage technology for faster data transfer speed.
3) The Galaxy S6 features 5.1″ Quad HD Super Amoled display at 577 ppi, featuring 77% more pixels than its predecessor.
4) The Galaxy S6 has a built in battery that charges faster than any smartphone batteries (a 10 minute charge will give you 4 hours of use). Samsung says that the Galaxy S6 can charge twice as fast as the iPhone. The Galaxy S6 also features wireless charging.
5) The Samsung Galaxy S6 has a 5MP camera with f/1.9 lens, low light feature and real-time hdr – a first for front cameras. The 5MP front camera is coupled with a 16MP f/1.9 lens with AF. The S6 camera is always on standby and launches in less than a second.
6) The Samsung Galaxy S6 features Samsung Pay which uses NFC + MST (magstripes) for mobile payments.
7) Samsung also announced a new Gear VR that works with S6.
8) The Samsung Galaxy S6 is available in 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB configurations and will be rolling out in 20 countries starting April 10.
The Samsung Galaxy S6
The gorgeous Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge in gold. Drool.